6.27.2009

Harper Perennial Modern Classic!

Thanks to a generous birthday gift, I have finally begun my Bell Jar collection. It wasn't a collection when I just had one copy, but now that I have two, I'd say it qualifies. My new copy contains that same "biographical note" in the back by Lois Ames, as well as my favorite villanelle Mad Girl's Love Song and SP's little sketches. It also adds a foreword by Frances McCullough.

Of course, my trip to the bookstore wouldn't be a success if I didn't deplete my entire gift card. I also got yesterday a paperback copy of Special Topics in Calamity Physics and two new-to-me young adult novels: Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger (about the friendship between two zinesters!) and The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart. Let the summer reading begin.

0 comments: